The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing
- Winner in the category of Reference Non-Fiction in the 2011 Global eBook Awards
- Winner in the category of Writing in the ForeWord Magazine 2008 Book of the Year Award
- Award-Winning Finalist in the E-Book Non-Fiction category of the 2009 Next Generation Indie Book Awards
- Award-Winning Finalist in the “Business: Writing & Publishing” category of the National Best Books 2008 Awards sponsored by USA Book News
- EPPIE finalist in the category of Non-Fiction – Self-Help
Are you passionate about books? Do you have the desire to share your thoughts about a book with readers, yet are unsure about what makes a good review? Are you curious about the influence reviews have on readers, booksellers, and librarians?
If you’re an experienced reviewer, The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing will serve as an excellent reference tool and amalgam of resources. If you’re a beginner, this book will show you how to write a well-written, honest, objective and professional book review. It will also teach you:
- How to read critically
- How to differentiate the various types of reviews
- How to rate books
- How to prevent amateurish mistakes
- How to deal with the ethics and legalities of reviewing
- How to tell the difference between a review, a book report, and a critique
- How to start your own review site
- How to publish your reviews on dozens of sites and even make money while you’re at it, and much more
If you’re an author, publisher, publicist, bookseller, librarian, or reader, this book will also bring to light the importance and influence of book reviews within a wider spectrum.
Get your copy today!
“There’s not a reviewer out there that wouldn’t benefit from this review of reviewing… this is a great reference book for libraries.” ~ Heather Shaw, Editor-in-Chief, Foreward Magazine
“This book from Mayra Calvani and Anne K. Edwards is the first ‘Reviewer’s Desk Reference’ for book reviewers at all levels.” ~ Reviewed by Ernest Dempsey, The World Audience
“As an experienced reviewer I learned that I do not know it all and will keep my copy of The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing for reference. It is not a book I will loan out because it won’t be returned…If you want to break into book reviewing, The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing is a must-have reference. Heed the author’s advice and you can write reviews that will get you and the books you review noticed.” ~ Reviewed by Sharon Broom, Armchair Interviews.
“The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing is a useful took for both amateur and professional book reviewers, as well as book review editors. There should be no doubt that the good tips, thoughtful perspective and resource information can be of considerable value to anyone wishing to practice this art.” ~ Reviewed by Emily-Jane Hills Orford, Allbooks Reviews.
“I do recommend The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing as a must-have resource guide. Calvani and Edwards present a well-written gold-mine to potential reviewers as well as a source of information for experienced reviewers and authors.” ~ Reviewed by Irene Watson, Reader Views.
“The Slippery Art… is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in book reviews – writers, reviewers, publishers, publicists, librarians, booksellers and readers.” ~ Reviewed by Francine Silverman, Editor of The Book Promotion Newsletter
The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing is available for order through your favorite local bookstore. Copies can also be ordered from the publisher, Twilight Times Books, P. O. Box 3340, Kingsport, TN 37664 and via the Internet at http://twilighttimesbooks.com.